BACK TO SCHOOL SEPTEMBER 5, 2018!!!!
Message From The Parent Coordinator!
Dear PS 100 Families:
Welcome to our 2018/2019 school year! I hope you enjoyed a summer vacation filled with fun and exciting memories with your loved ones. I am thrilled to welcome all of you back to a new school year of learning and growing.
My name is Lucy Malave. I am the Parent Coordinator for PS 100. I have over 25 years of experience working for the New York City Department of Education and 5 years of experiences as a Pre-K/Kindergarten instructor for the Afterschool Program at my previous school, PS 29. In addition, I’ve worked as a facilitator for the RSK (Ready, Set, Kindergarten) program at local library skills to parents and conduct story time programs for children ages 3-5.
I have 4 beautiful children ages 18-34, all of whom have been educated by the New York City Public School system. I’m also the proud grandmother of two wonderful boys, ages 7 and 12.
As the Parent Coordinator, my role is to enhance parent outreach through events and activities organized to distribute information to parents and help PS 100 continue to grow into an even better school than it already is. Family engagement is essential in helping students achieve success. Your participation is critical, as you are the children’s first teachers and have the most vested in their success.
You may direct any questions, concerns, or ideas to me that you may have. Throughout the course of the year, I will keep in contact with you by posting on our school website www.ps100coneyislandschool.org, emails, bulletin board located at the main entrance or flyers about school or community events.
Please feel free to stop by my office located on the main floor in Room 103 to introduce yourself-everyone is WELCOME! My doors are always open and will do my best to accommodate time to listen and help.
I look forward to another great school year!
718-382-2760 ext 1031
REMIND ! ! !
To join our reminders
enter the number 81010
Text the message @school100
The text messages you will receive will be general school information.
718-382-2760 ext 1031
- Girls Scout meeting begins on April 19, 2018.
- Troop 2368 will meet every other Thursday from 2:30 pm-4:30 pm.
- $10.00 dues are collected on a monthly basis to cover costs of badges and materials needed to run the program.
- Each girl is required to wear either a vest (Daisy) or a sash (Brownie) for every meeting.
- Due to abundance of food allergies, each girl is encouraged to bring their own snacks and beverages. No nuts or glass bottles.
- If anyone is interested in becoming a Junior Leader for grades 4th & 5th, please contact Ms. Lucy, Parent Coordinator.
Dear PS100 Families:
We are so excited to announce that we are in the process of hosting our 2nd Annual FREE ADULT ESL CLASS at PS 100.
Spaces are limited and pre-registration is required. For more information, please contact me ASAP.
PARENT ENGAGEMENT WORKSHOPS
PENNIES FOR PATIENTS
I would like to thank our PS 100 community for coming together and supporting our "Pennies for Patients" Coins drive.
As a community, we raised $5,375.50 to help support the families of children with cancer.
PS 100 students did an amazing job bringing their coin box filled with coins.
We, as a community, came together for such a great cause.
Brighton Beach Library Branch
Grades 1st- 8th
HOW TO SUBMIT PRE-K APPLICATION!
You can submit your child's Pre-k application one of three ways.
1- Online at www.schools.nyc.gov/ApplyOnline
- This option is available 24 hours a day.
- The deadline to apply online is Friday, March 30, 2018 at 11:59PM.
- Apply in English, Spanish, Chinese, Bengali, Russian, Arabic, Urdu, Haitian Creole, Korean, and French.
- Families who apply online must use their own email address. If you do not want to create an email address or do not wish to provide your email address, please apply over the phone or in person.
2- By phone at 718-935-2009
- Call Monday through Friday 8am - 6pm.
- The deadline to apply by phone is Friday, March 30, 2018 at 6pm.
- Apply by phone in over 200 languages. If you speak a language other than English, ask for an interpreter.
3- In person at a Family Welcome Center (FWC)
- FWCs are open Monday through Thursday 8am-5pm and Friday 8am-3pm. The deadline to apply in person is Friday, March 30, 2018 at 3pm.
- Apply in person in over 200 languages. If you speak a language other than English, ask for an interpreter.
Submit only one Pre-k Application per child.
Only a child’s primary custodial parent/guardian can submit their Pre-K Application. In the case of a joint
custody agreement, if there is no specific provision addressing school decision-making, the parent or
guardian who has primary physical custody of the child during the school week is considered to be the
custodial parent or guardian.
Pre-K Admissions is not first come, first served. All applications submitted online, by phone, or in person
by the March 30, 2018 deadline are treated the same based on Admissions Priorities.
DIAL A TEACHER !!!
Free help with homework !!!!
Parents can get help with their child/children with Reading, Math, Writing, and Science.
Dial A Teacher speaks Bengali, Chinese, French, Haitian-Creole, Russian, Spanish, and Tagalog.
CALL 212-777-3380 from Monday-Thursday between 4-7pm.