Message From The Parent Coordinator!
Dear PS 100 Families:
Welcome to our 2018/2019 school year! I hope you enjoyed a summer vacation filled with fun and exciting memories with your loved ones. I am thrilled to welcome all of you back to a new school year of learning and growing.
My name is Lucy Malave. I am the Parent Coordinator for PS 100. I have over 25 years of experience working for the New York City Department of Education and 5 years of experiences as a Pre-K/Kindergarten instructor for the Afterschool Program at my previous school, PS 29. In addition, I’ve worked as a facilitator for the RSK (Ready, Set, Kindergarten) program at local library skills to parents and conduct story time programs for children ages 3-5.
I have 4 beautiful children ages 18-34, all of whom have been educated by the New York City Public School system. I’m also the proud grandmother of two wonderful boys, ages 7 and 12.
As the Parent Coordinator, my role is to enhance parent outreach through events and activities organized to distribute information to parents and help PS 100 continue to grow into an even better school than it already is. Family engagement is essential in helping students achieve success. Your participation is critical, as you are the children’s first teachers and have the most vested in their success.
You may direct any questions, concerns, or ideas to me that you may have. Throughout the course of the year, I will keep in contact with you by posting on our school website www.ps100coneyislandschool.org, emails, bulletin board located at the main entrance or flyers about school or community events.
Please feel free to stop by my office located on the main floor in Room 103 to introduce yourself-everyone is WELCOME! My doors are always open and will do my best to accommodate time to listen and help.
I look forward to another great school year!
718-382-2760 ext 1031
REMIND ! ! !
To join our reminders
enter the number 81010
Text the message @school100
The text messages you will receive will be general school information.
718-382-2760 ext 1031
- Girls Scout meeting begins on April 19, 2018.
- Troop 2368 will meet every other Thursday from 2:30 pm-4:30 pm.
- $10.00 dues are collected on a monthly basis to cover costs of badges and materials needed to run the program.
- Each girl is required to wear either a vest (Daisy) or a sash (Brownie) for every meeting.
- Due to abundance of food allergies, each girl is encouraged to bring their own snacks and beverages. No nuts or glass bottles.
- If anyone is interested in becoming a Junior Leader for grades 4th & 5th, please contact Ms. Lucy, Parent Coordinator.
Dear PS100 Families:
We are so excited to announce that we are in the process of hosting our 2nd Annual FREE ADULT ESL CLASS at PS 100.
Spaces are limited and pre-registration is required. For more information, please contact me ASAP.
PARENT ENGAGEMENT WORKSHOPS
PENNIES FOR PATIENTS
I would like to thank our PS 100 community for coming together and supporting our "Pennies for Patients" Coins drive.
As a community, we raised $3,296.81 to help support the families of children with cancer.
PS 100 students did an amazing job bringing their coin box filled with coins.
Congratulations Class 409-Ms. Camano and Class 408--Mr. Sciacca for raising the most coins.
We, as a community, came together for such a great cause.
Brighton Beach Library Branch
Senior Children's Librarian
HOMEWORK HELP READY, SET, KINDERGARDTEN
Grades 1st- 8th ages 3-5 yrs old
Thursday 4pm-6pm Saturday-March 9, 16, 23, 30,
Saturday 10am-12pm April 6, 13
CHESS CLUB RUSSIAN STORY TIME
Wednesday 4pm Monday 11 am
STORY PLAY Build with Legos and Duplo
0-5yrs old ages 0-6
Friday 10:30 am Wednesday 3:30 pm
Saturday 10:30 am
KIDS TECH TIME: LAPTOP GAMING
Wednesday- March 13, April 3, May 8
KIDS TECH TIME:LITTLE BITS
ages 6-18 yrs. old
Wednesday-March 27, April 17, May 29
DIAL A TEACHER !!!
Free help with homework !!!!
Parents can get help with their child/children with Reading, Math, Writing, and Science.
Dial A Teacher speaks Bengali, Chinese, French, Haitian-Creole, Russian, Spanish, and Tagalog.
CALL 212-777-3380 from Monday-Thursday between 4-7pm.
District 21 Middle School Directory
Kindergarten and Gifted and Talented
Free Access to NYC Museums with a Library Card
Culture Pass: Get Free Access to NYC Museums with a Library Card
New York City is home to some of the most renowned cultural institutions in the world, and starting today, The New York Public Library is making it even easier for New Yorkers to enjoy these remarkable destinations with Culture Pass, a service that allows library cardholders to visit cultural institutions throughout the city for free. Please note: Due to significant interest, the Culture Pass website is experiencing issues. Please check back later if you receive an error message.
To get started, you'll need a library card from The New York Public Library, Brooklyn Public Library, or Queens Library. Click here for information about how to get a library card from The New York Public Library.
NYC library cardholders can borrow passes for two or four people at cultural institutions throughout the city. Cultural institutions currently participating in Culture Pass include the following, but more will be added on an ongoing basis:
- Brooklyn Botanic Garden
- Brooklyn Children's Museum
- Brooklyn Historical Society
- Brooklyn Museum
- Children's Museum of Manhattan
- Children's Museum of the Arts
- Cooper Hewitt, Smithsonian Design Museum
- The Drawing Center
- The Frick Collection
- Historic Richmond Town
- International Center of Photography
- Intrepid Sea, Air & Space Museum
- Jacques Marchais Museum of Tibetan Art
- The Jewish Museum
- Louis Armstrong House
- The Metropolitan Museum of Art
- The Morgan Library & Museum
- Museum of Modern Art, MoMA PS1
- Museum of Chinese in America
- Museum of Jewish Heritage - A Living Memorial to the Holocaust
- Museum of the City of New York
- New York Transit Museum
- Noguchi Museum
- Queens Historical Society
- Queens Museum
- Rubin Museum of Art
- Smithsonian National Museum of the American Indian
- Society of Illustrators
- Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum
- Sugar Hill Children's Museum
- Wave Hill
- Whitney Museum of American Art
How to Make a Culture Pass Reservation
To get started, cardholders can visit the Culture Pass website and follow these steps:
- Under 'Reserve a Pass,' select your library system (The New York Public Library, Brooklyn Public Library, or Queens Library).
- Log in to the Culture Pass reservation system using your library card barcode/username and pin.
- Browse available passes by date, venue or location. Each pass will offer free entry for either two or four people; please read the details carefully.
- Make a reservation.
- Retrieve your pass shortly before your visit. (Once you print or download your pass, you cannot cancel your reservation.) You must show ID when redeeming Culture Pass.
- Check out the Culture Pass FAQ for more information.
Explore the Culture Pass website for more information. Please note: Due to significant interest, the Culture Pass website is experiencing issues. Please check back later if you receive an error message.
Note: Only cardholders over 13 who have a valid library card are eligible for Culture Pass. If you apply for your library card online or through SimplyE, please visit one of our locations with a valid form of ID to receive your card.
How to Get a Library Card from The New York Public Library
A free library card is your key to everything The New York Public Library has to offer. Anyone who lives, works, or studies in the state of New York can get a free library card at The New York Public Library. In addition to using Culture Pass, you can use your library card to borrow books and e-books, download digital media, access online databases, and much more. You can visit any of our 92 locations to get a library card or apply for a library card online. If you apply for your library card online, you will need to visit one of our locations with a valid form of ID to receive your physical card prior to using Culture Pass. Learn more about eligibility for NYPL cards here.
COOK SHOP FOR FAMILIES--8:30 AM Outer Cafeteria
If you would like to join us, please RSVP Ms. Lucy, Parent Coordinator 718-382-2760 ext 1031 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Spaces are limited.
2/27/19 7 PM
3/29/19 8:15 AM
4/16/19 7 pm
5/31/19 8:15 AM
6/24/19 7 PM